Gentle and Easy Yoga in Tingalpa
Our yoga studio in Brisbane runs ongoing gentle and easy yoga classes and 6 week Beginner’s, Basic and Deep Relaxation yoga courses throughout the year. All ongoing classes are general and open to any student with any level of experience. The specialised 6 week yoga courses are designed for you to kick-start your yoga, deepen your practice, heal your body and spine and relax your mind. Here you’ll find complete course descriptions and the outcomes and benefits you can expect from practicing yoga regularly.
We designed our courses in six week blocks so you get the maximum benefit from your yoga. No matter where your body is at right now, there will always be a course that suits you. We’ve found that when students come on a semi-regular basis, they get some benefits but with minimal results. Instead, we want to move you in a new and more effective way—to powerfully enhance your experience of the purpose of yoga, so you become fully embodied, relaxed, open and more alive.
Throughout the year we also teach yoga workshops to take your practice to the next level. These workshops will dive deeply into and target a particular body part such as abdominals, upper spinal release, lower spinal release and the power of standing poses. You’ll learn how to use your body in a new way, become more aware of the subtleties of movement that can affect you and allow experiential anatomy to guide you to a new knowledge of how your unique body works.
- Because our yoga classes are small, it’s important to book to avoid disappointment. Contact us on 0457 835 009 or email us here to book in!
- Before coming to class for the first time, download, print out and fill in this registration form to bring with you: Yoga Life Works Registration Form
Yoga Class Timetable Spring 2013
SPECIAL OFFER: Bring a friend & you practice for FREE!
6 Week Course $120
Next course starts Saturday 12th October – 16th November
10.30 am – 12.00 pm
PLEASE NOTE: There is maximum of 10 students per class so make sure you book in early.
Contact us on 0457 835 009 to register!
This course is for everyone whether you are experienced in other styles of yoga or whether you have never practiced yoga before. The poses are gentle and easy to do and each class includes a guided awareness, breathing and yoga poses. The first 4 weeks of the course rely heavily on spinal release poses utilising precise angles of access into your tailbone and up through your spine to affect changes through the sacrum, waist and rib cage for smooth and effective release of all spinal tensions. The remainder of the course uses this sequence of poses more effectively by weaving them together – taking the process of awareness deeper into your own body and what it can do.
In the 6 Week Beginners Yoga Course you will:
- learn how to live in your body in a whole new way utilising the Foundational poses (or the “building blocks” of this style of yoga.
- learn how to use your body’s own healing capacity to first relieve back, neck and shoulder pain and ease anxiety and stress.
- be practicing the poses in a repetitive manner to effectively release your deepest tensions and assist you to find new pathways in your life physically, mentally and spiritually.
- improve the functioning of your whole body including muscles, bones, internal organs and glands as well as your nervous system.
- gain an opportunity to develop your own home practice which will move you through the process of opening faster so you can get more benefit in a shorter time from your yoga practice.
Deep Relaxation 6 Week Course
$130 2014 dates coming soon!
This course is for you if you experience a sense of ongoing stress and pressure in your life. Stress negatively impacts every aspect of our health and wellbeing and most of us lead very busy lives and often don’t take the time to stop, slow down and let go. By coming to class once a week for just one hour, you’ll begin to re-educate your body and mind, you’ll find it easier to relax and the health of your entire body will improve. In each class you’ll be guided through a deep relaxation meditation, gentle and easy yoga poses and slow yogic breathing, a profound practice to cleanse your body and still your mind.
You will experience:
- deep physical, mental and emotional relaxation
- slowing down of your thoughts
- expansion and open-ness of your body
- improved blood circulation, metabolism and immune function
- vastly increased energy
- a sense of internal peace that goes with you back into your life
Yoga Basics 6 Week Course
$120 2013 dates coming soon!
This course is for those who’ve begun their journey with yoga and wish to deepen their experience and learn more about their bodies and minds. In the Yoga Basics Course, you discover the key to opening your whole spine is in unlocking two tight areas: the tailbone (which spreads into your sacrum) and the vertebrae behind your heart (which spreads through the rib cage and into the lower part of your neck. This course delves more deeply into lower spinal release poses which in Svaroopa® Yoga are the most important ones you’ll learn in combination with upper spinal release moves and abdominals.
In the Yoga Basics 6 Week Course, you’ll learn:
- how to use each pose to get predictable and reliable effects in your body —the immediate effect being the releasing of spinal tensions which extends through your whole body while it quiets your mind and opens into a deeper inner experience.
- how to use the angles of your legs to release your spine rather than opening your hips. This may be something entirely new to students who have studied other styles of yoga. You’ll gain an excellent understanding of how to use different leg positions to release tensions in your muscles from your legs, through your hips and into your lower spine.
Booking Into A Course
Yoga Life Works is a boutique yoga studio and we pride ourselves on giving each and every student the time and attention they need to gain maximum benefit from the poses with lots of personalised adjustments and instructions. Because of this, each course is limited to 8 participants and all courses need to be pre-booked and pre-paid to confirm your place. To book into a course, contact us on 0457 835 009 or email. We’ll then invoice you the course amount. Payments can be made by cash, cheque or direct deposit.
All regular classes are ongoing but because of limited space bookings are essential – phone, text or email to book in! Many students who practice regularly commit to the same class time each week and then only contact us if they can’t make it that week. Back to top
Getting Prepared For Class
Ideally please bring a Yoga mat if possible. If not, please advise us in advance as we do have some spares. However please note, that due to large demand we may not always have them available. We also supply all the necessary blankets and blocks you need for a great practice. Simply wear loose and comfortable clothing that is easy to move in. We ask that you arrive 10 minutes early so we can sort out any necessary paperwork and payment and discuss any health concerns you may have. This way, you can get the most out of your class without any pressure and it will help us to begin and end on time for your convenience. Make sure you eat at least 2 hours before coming to class too – otherwise your tummy may feel a little uncomfortable in some of the poses. Back to top